When starting a new blog wordpress around your niche, you want to make sure that you have the three basic posts written up and posted.
- About Me Post
- Affiliate Declaimer Post
Using WordPress for your First Three Pages
Having now used WordPress, from my own experience, so long as you have some experience in using other software such as Microsoft Word then you will find navigating around WordPress easy.
Its not exactly the same but it is a slimmed down version of other processing programs.
Once you have your new blank post, Write the Title of the page where you see “Enter title here” and then you can move below to start to write in the blank space below.
Just like in Word, you have a variety of formatting options, including bold, italic, text alignment and hyperlinking (if you want to link to another site). To use these options, simply select the text you want to format and click the appropriate button.
WordPress Features That You Need to Know About
I struggled with the basics of using WordPress when I first started and so here is a basic guide on how to start your first page or post.
- As mentioned above click on Add Post to bring up a new page post for you to complete
- Write down your title of the page – make this as compelling as possible and make sure that you have some SEO words mentioned. Use keywords and make it as close to the way someone would search for your content on Google.
- The format ribbon is where you will find the different formatting icons
- You start to write your information in the white large box. Feel free top use bullets, numbers and take advantage of using different Paragraphs settings to make sure that you titles stand out.
- If you set up your categories then this will where you can add or assign your page to a category.
- On the top right you will see Text icon – this is what you would click and then you will see the HTML code. If you want to paste any HTML then this is where you would do this.
- If you still need to work on the post then you can Save Draft and then feel free to come back to the page to edit further
- Once your Page is ready then you can click the blue Publish icon and the page will be on your site.
Creating Your “About Me” Page
To establish a brand online in any niche, you need to build trust with your audience. The best way to initially do this is through an “about me” style page. Every successful website will have some information about their brand, who they are and why they want to help people.
Your first task is going to be to create your About Me page. Once a reader has landed on your site and has fallen for your rich content they want to dive in deeper to get to know more about you – this shows them credibility.
You need to make sure that this is not just a biography but is a warm and very welcoming page, where you can connect with the reader. Make sure that you consider the following:
2.Have honesty around yourself
3.Show passion around your niche
Other elements that can go in to your bio which will have a great impact:
1.Photo of yourself or you and your family
2.Photo of your pet
3.Have links to other posts within your site
4.Demonstrate credibility and include a professional biography down the bottom of your About Me page.
5.Show your social media links
Here are four great About Me pages to inspire you.
Make sure that you show your reader that you are a human, just like them.
If you have any affiliate links on your site then you will need to cover your back and have a disclaimer. Many sites do not contain an Affiliate Disclaimer and that can lead to criminal penalties.
Here is the text you can copy
Affiliate Disclosure "When you buy something from this website, I may receive an affiliate commission. These are my opinions and are not representative of the companies that create these products. My reviews are based on my personal own experience and research. I never recommend poor quality products, or create false reviews to make sales. It is my intention to explain products so you can make an informed decisions on which ones suit your needs best."
Finally Publish as a Page
After you publish your three pages, you are going to want to log into the back office of your website (WordPress Admin area). When you are within the editor for this page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see the following settings.
Check off the Robots Meta NOINDEX and the Robots Meta NOFOLLOW. These will make sure this page does not get indexed in Google.
You are all set with your first few pages of content on your website. Starting a new blog wordpress is easy when you know how to start.
You’ll Also Love These Posts
Studies have shown if you like this blog post — you will also love the following articles.