How can I earn money online for free – well YouTube is the answer. Doing reviews on YouTube seems to be one of the quickest ways to making money on the platform.
By uploading reviews you are easily getting on to the radar of PR for companies that have Google Alerts turned on for products within their category, and reviews are literally advertising for vendors.
How can I earn money online for free – YouTube is the answer.
YouTube gets more than one billion unique users a month: that’s a huge audience. Many people are already making huge amounts of money there.
YouTube boasts one million creators in its YouTube Partner Program alone. This is also known as vlogging, have a look at this infographic.
With every 1,000 views, you will be able to get an approximate return of $2-$4. This might not seem a lot, but if you consider making 100 videos with 5,000 views each, that would already be $1,000-$2,000. That would be a decent amount of money.
Background on YouTube
In 2008 YouTube released the Partner Program, making it possible for select YouTubers to monetize their videos. Since then, they have allowed more and more video creators into the program by lowering requirements.
YouTube is now the second largest search engine after Google.
Can You Really Make Money On YouTube?
You can find plenty of examples of people who became famous online thanks to YouTube.
There are many stories on people who uploading clips on YouTube to then started to earn money from the advertising.
Here are the top 10 highest-paid YouTube stars of 2017 and their earnings in the past year, according to Forbes.
1) Daniel Middleton (DanTDM) – $16.5 million
2) Evan Fong (VanossGaming) – $15.5 million
3) Dude Perfect – $14 million
4) Mark Fischbach (Markiplier) and Logan Paul – $12.5 million
6) Felix Kjellberg (PewDiePie) – $12 million
7) Jake Paul – $11.5 million
8) Anthony Padilla and Ian Hecox (Smosh) and Ryan ToysReview – $11 million
10) Lilly Singh – $10.5 million
Back in 2016, the top earners looked like this:
Becoming a YouTuber might sound like fun, but you’ll have to make time to get started, and there’s no guarantee it will pay off. If you’re looking to make a quick buck then then this may not be your best way to get there.
However, if you’re already an avid video creator and/or are willing to put in the extra effort, you might be able to make money on YouTube.
How To Get Started YouTubing
Set Up and Build your YouTube channel. Go to YouTube.com and click on Create A New Channel.
Find a product or your niche market – where your interests are. You don’t have to be a rocket scientist( or even have a degree) to start a YouTube video. You need to be love the topic.
Find Your Niche – What Are You Going to YouTube?
I suggest that you get the product that you are going to review and become an authority on your niche idea. Some companies will give you the product for free if you contact them to say that you are going to be doing a review. Worth a try.
How can I earn money online for free – join an affiliate network. Affiliate “networks” are centralized collections of 1,000’s of affiliate programs that you can join through one network.
This is convenient in that you can promote many different programs or products at the same time (even in different niches) and receive one payment.
Some of the more common examples of these networks are:
- Amazon Associates – www.affiliate-program.amazon.com/welcome/getstarted
- Clickbank – www.clickbank.com
- CJ Affiliate – www.uk.cj.com
- Awin – www.awin.com
- ShareASale – www.shareasale.com
Here is a Vlogging guide to give you some more ideas.
You can for example review gardening tips, electronics, recipes, fitness etc .
I suggest that you join at least one of the above and see what niche are that interests you the most.
The Content – The Essential List
A creative content must be:
- Engaging: Videos must engage with your viewers generating a conversation back and forth. So be authentic and passionate while you are on camera.
- Targeted: Understand your audience. (More about this later in this article)
- Inspirational: Just creating viral or popular videos isn’t enough. Your videos must inspire your viewers.
- Consistent: Upload a new video at least once in a week.
- Be Honest: There so many videos that are you need to be honest and help the viewer
Videos need to be interesting and reflect your message, not just your likeness. Include images, slides, video clips, and other interesting content that will keep people engaged. A buzzword that has gained popularity this year is, authenticity.
Whatever your message, be your authentic self. People connect with people, not brands. Here are three more tips to help you get started.
- How-to Videos are Winning Big. YouTube has almost become an open source university. The most popular content by far, are how-to videos. Amy Gesenhues quoted a statistic, “searches related to ‘how-to’ on YouTube are growing 70% year over year, with more than 100m hours of how-to content watched in North America so far this year” alone! Take this seriously and build how-to videos into your content plan.
- Be Authentic and Let Your Personality Shine Through. The YouTube video category you are publishing under is People and Personalities. Hint: the focus should be on personality. Avoid Talking Head Syndrome, which occurs when someone lacks creativity and simply talks while standing directly in front of the camera.
- Brand Storytelling and Consistency is a Powerful Tool. Designing a great brand is the first step to becoming recognizable. Implementing branding best practices is what separates successful YouTube pros from the greenhorns. Create a consistent look for your channel.
Ways To Film Your YouTube Video
It’s a free tool for recording screencasts, but it will get the job done. There are other free alternatives that you can find. Using these software tools are pretty straight forward, hit record and start talking. Once you have a video filmed you need to upload it to YouTube and optimize it.
It’s a professional tool for creating screencasts and editing videos. If you have the money to invest in a professional tool, then I recommend Camtasia.
3. Video Camera
If you are creating a review for a physical product, you might need to invest in some video equipment, but for starters the camera that’s inside your smartphone will work fine. Add a tripod and a whiteboard behind you, with a few good lights pointing at you and you will be filming like a pro.
Your First YouTube Video
Always keep in mind that your first video is going to suck. But don’t lose your heart because you are going to improve as you make new videos.
However, for now you need to come up with your first video.
I recommend you to do a first video like a “kind of an introductory video to me”.
In this 8 to 10 minutes long introductory video you will describe your whole life from childhood to present and explain your niche area.
I came across a great guide on 10 steps to Video Production for business and see if you can take lessons for your YouTube video production.
How To Get The Best Out Of Your Youtube
Like Google, YouTube has its own internal algorithm that dictates the order in which videos display in the search results.
Here are a few key factors that the algorithm uses when adjusting these rankings.
- Watch time. This might be described as the engagement metric, or the opposite of bounce rate for videos.
- YouTube wants to see how long your visitors stay to watch your content.
- Your number of subscribers.
- Customer reactions, including comments, likes and dislikes.
- Video length. Keep this to 8 to 10 minutes
- Video Title – “Product name + Review”– keep it simple.
- Description: You want to add your affiliate link for the product here and write up a description filled with relevant keywords.
- Tags: You want to write as many relevant tags as possible.
Lastly Promote Your Video
Promoting your video is the final step in optimization. Once your video has been marked up to maximize its online exposure, it is now up to you to encourage viewers.
Embed the video on your blog and company website if you have one.
Promote it through your various social media accounts, including your Google+ page.
Encourage your followers to interact with the videos, by commenting on them or sharing them with others.
When more people comment and otherwise react to the video, it adds value for your video ranking.
Targeted Advertising: If you have some money to spend, then I recommend buying targeted advertising to get some views. It’s very important for the visitors to be targeted because if you send untargeted traffic it will hurt your audience retention. I recommend using Facebook or YouTube ads, spend $10 to $20 and that will get you enough views to lift up your video.
Finally, add Keywords to help people find your channel. Make sure your keys words are relevant to your content.
Earning Directly Through Youtube – A Second Revenue Stream
To earn directly through YouTube, you must partner with the site. Once you do, there are several ways to cash in, but to become a partner you must meet the requirements: Your videos must abide by the site’s advertising guidelines, and you need at least 10,000 channel views.
The more videos you have, the easier it is to reach that 10,000-view threshold.
Someone with 200 videos needs only 50 views per video to get there, whereas a person with 10 videos needs 1,000 views per video. High-quality, entertaining videos are more likely to get views, so it pays to put effort into planning and production.
This requires time and effort from you before you start to see results. I hope that you have found this topic on How can I earn money online for free – YouTube useful.
The money will start to flow once you become an authority on your niche and start to gain momentum.
I want to leave you with this YouTube checklist.
Looking for More Ways to Earn Extra Income OnLine? Do The Following!
1.Start a Blog
Starting a Blog is the best way to make money online. It’s passive income that keeps growing month after month and you can monetize it the way you want. You can do ad placement and earn every time someone clicks on those ads, or you can sell your own ebooks, ecourses or create a “hire me” page. I’ve just started blogging and I’m loving the journey. Read more.
2.Create an eBook
Ebooks have been growing by leaps and bounds in popularity since Amazon started selling them several years ago. The good news is that they are very easy to create with Free and Open Source tools. People are earning thousands a month just by producing eBooks. Read more.
3.Become a Proofreader
For becoming a sought-after proofreader, you can start with your native language. Just get command over your native language first. You can even do this part time and earn extra money eachmonth. Proofreaders can earn up to $40,000 a year. Read more.
A great book to look at to get you started: Amazon: YouTube For Dummies