Working from home sounds great but to those that are at home, this is a solo job.
Whether you’re self-employed or committing to a personal project, working for yourself can be super liberating.
How to Stay Motivated When Working From Home – you can work at your own pace and exercise complete creative control. Working solo can gives you the freedom to really go after your dreams, if you have the discipline and motivation to stay on track.
The Benefits of Working From Home
- You have no travel time
- You can be more productive than office workers
- Can work around a family life
- More time to see and do things you want
- Have more time to exercise
- Flexibility in what you can do
- Less stress than having a boss to deal with
- Better health
The Downsides to Working from Home
- This is a solo job and so feeling isolated – make sure you take time to contact friends or family during the day
- Work does not end when at home
- Need high self discipline – you have to follow a schedule and be committed to your goals of working from home
My Top Tips For You To Say Motivated
- Get dressed for the part – feel the part and don’t work in your pajamas. I feel great when I dress up and I have been working from home for over 15 years now.
- Have a separate office space in the house – Having a dedicated work space is important not only for maintaining a healthy work/life balance, but for staying on task.
- Make sure you exercise or have walks during the day – research shows that people who exercise during the workday are more productive than those who don’t. This is significant: you can actually use work time to exercise
- Have a schedule – Having a set schedule can help you avoid this issue. Have a plan in place for how you’ll spend your days, including building in set break times.
- Invest in the home office – Make sure you have the tools to work from home so you are productive each day/week.
- House chores – ignore the housework or chores until you are done for the day
- Start and finish times – I suggest strongly that you start and finish each day the same to get the most out of working from home
- Lunch – try and prepare your lunch in the morning and so you are not spending too much time in the kitchen
I encourage anyone who is at home to follow these guidelines as they have helped me along my journey.
It’s all up to you, whether you want to be an independent person, who are working from home
Think in which environment you feel the most comfortable and productive.
Don’t be scared to change something – unless you try, you won’t know! Good luck